Vintage Inspired Ornament
Hello Ribbon Fans! DeeDee here today and I’m sharing a vintage inspired ornament!
- Cut two one inch circles from the music sheet paper, and one half inch circle from the white cardstock.
- Distress the music sheet circles and the wooden spool
- Use one music sheet circle as an anchor on the top of the spool.
- Thread burlap twine through vintage button and attach to top of spool.
- Create bead dangles using beads and findings.
- Attach bead dangles to second music sheet circle.
- Glue to bottom of spool.
- Wrap satin ribbon around spool, layer box pleat on top.
- Create flower from box pleat, and attach it to the spool! Done!
To create your flower watch this short video:
Now get to creating ornaments for your tree! I’m a huge fan of vintage and upcycled bits in crafting. Insert ribbon and viola! A beautiful natural vintage inspired tree.
Over n out!!
Blog post by: DeeDee Catron
May Arts Ribbon Used:
Other Supplies Used:
- Teresa Collins music sheet paper
- Walnut distress ink
- Vintage Buttons
- Vintage wooden spool
- Hot Glue
- Circle Punch
- White cardstock
- Beads and bead findings