Velvet & Lace Burlap Gift Bag
I adore the art of gifting. It’s not all about what is inside; it has a lot to do with the packaging. When you have great packaging the gift is the added bonus. This quick project can be scaled up to gift a bottle of bubbly or down for the perfect party favor.
- To start I surged all 4 sides of the cut burlap to eliminate the internal fraying, if you don’t own a serger you can hit the edges with fray check or clear dry adhesive.
- Hem the top edge by folding down 1/2-inch and top stitching along edge.
- Fold raw edge of 1.5 Inch Crochet / Velvet Center Ribbon under and pin in place below hemmed edge, leave 1” from either surged edge. Sew along edge of Velvet Ribbon, backstitching at begin and end to secure.
- Fold burlap in half with hemmed edge at top. Sew 1/2 -inch from edge along unhemmed edges. Turn bag right side out.
- Using safety pin thread 1/2 Inch Solid Wrinkled Ribbon through casing created by Crochet / Velvet Center Ribbon.
- Thread beads on ends of Wrinkled Ribbon and tie a knot to secure.
Now to decide what to put in this darling little bag… What will you put in yours?
Other Supplies Used:
- Sewing Machine
- Safety Pin