Variations on Ribbon Candy – Part 2!
Next, we have Kim Wilson with her tutorial for ribbon candy:
Ribbon Candy Ornament #2
Hi guys! I have a great little tut for you today on how to make low cost ornaments! I have looked high and low for “sweets” theme ornaments with no luck so I decided to make up my own.
For this project you will need the following:
- Faceted, round, plastic beads your choice of colors
- May Arts Striped ribbon of your choice, I used RG14
- Needle and thread
- Lighter or heat sealer
1. Cut 14 inch length of ribbon for each ornament you want to make.
2. Thread needle, pull both strings even and knot. It works best with doubled thread
3. Take bead for the bottom of the ornament, feed onto needle pulling almost to the knot but then thread needle between the two threads above knot and pull tight. This will loop the thread around the bead and hold it tight at the bottom of the ornament. You could also just knot the bottom but it isnt as pretty.
4. Begin alternating ribbon loop for bead, stitching through the center of the ribbon, up through the bead and through the next layer of ribbon until you have made 6 loops.
5. Add on your final (top) bead and run needle back through a few times to tighten up the ornament stitching.
6. Cut thread close to needle, make a loop in the thread and tie a knot to make a way to hang the ornament.
7. Heat seal the ends.
Thats it! The possibilities are endless!
Blog Posted By: Kim Wilson