Take Me Out To The Ball Game: Baseball Themed Bib
A few simple ribbons turn a round bib into a boutique quality baseball bib the perfect gift for the sports enthusiast in your life and their sweet little bundle.
What you need:
- 3/8 Inch – VELVET/RIC RAC – RED, 2/3 yard
- 3/8 Inch – GROSGRAIN/IVORY STRIPES – RED/IVORY, 3/4 yard
- 3/8 yard fabric
- 3/8 yard Heat n Bond fusible fleece
- Pattern : Used Simplicity 2468 but any round bib pattern will work.
- Sewing machine
- Hand sewing needle
- Thread (red and cream)
What you do:
- Cut fabric and fusible fleece as instructed by pattern. Fuse fleece to wrong side of fabric with iron.
- Pin VELVET RIC RAC in place curving on either side of circle. Thread your sewing machine with red thread to match ribbon. Set machine to zigzag stitch and follow the center of ribbon so secure in place.
- Following pattern directions place GROSGRAIN IVORY STRIPES ribbon as ties and sew back of bib to front with right sides facing, leaving opening to turn right side out.
- Turn right side out and press. Hand sew opening closed.