I recently picked up a bunch of shirts for $1.94. Most of them are quite plain and could use a little splash of color. A little May Arts Ribbon brought a plain shirt to life.
- Sew a straight line down the center of the ribbon or lace with a long length stitch. Gently pull bobbin tread to ruche ribbon.
- Pin lengths of ruched ribbon to the t-shirt.
- Cut lace in half to have a variety of widths.
- Sew ruched pieces to the t-shirt.
- Create an irregular pattern for a unique look. Trim threads.
- Layer silk flowers. Attach to the breast of shirt with a button in the center.
Blog post by: Virginia Fynes
May Arts Ribbons Used:
- NQ 1.5″ Lace
- EA 1.5″ Wrinkled Ribbon
- 439 Flowers
Other Supplies Used: