Stamping & Embossing on Ribbon
Hello, Rhea here and today I want to share with you how fun it is to stamp and emboss on ribbon. In this design the entire background is wrinkle ribbon. It gave the finished project a look of silk art.
Cover on side of a piece of cardstock or chipboard with Scor-Tape. Wrap a small piece around the edges.
I used 1.5” Wrinkle Ribbon. When placing the ribbon, make sure it is snug with no wrinkles. Ha ha ha…..Funny being that I used the wrinkle ribbon huh? The more snug the ribbon is placed the better the stamping and embossing surface. You will still have the texture from this wonderful ribbon.
I did a little airbrushing to give it a vintage look. This also brought out the seams of the ribbon, which I liked. You can use inks and sponges to make this effect as well.
- I stamped the post card stamp with light tan first.
- Then the Eifel Tower with dark brown
- Heat set these inks to insure they are completely dry. Note – Because there is adhesive tape it will melt and bubble. Heat setting should be done at a distance and with patience. If you see warping or a bubble stop you are over heating.
- Next step is to stamp and emboss the swirl with gold embossing powder. Be carful and patient when heat setting the powder.
- Final step to this was sprinkling a little aged gold and shabby white embossing powders and heat setting from the bottom.
- Now it is time to be framed. Swirl a little ribbon tacking it down with Scor-Tape.
Imagine stamping and making a beautiful wedding card using white ribbon as your background instead of paper. Embossing congratulations in silver and making a beautiful bow with white sheer ribbon. Or….Black ribbon and stamping/embossing with white for the popular chalkboard look!!!! Ooooo…..I just gave you a hint into what I have in mind for upcoming projects.
I would love to know what ideas you have! See you soon. 🙂
Blog post by: Rhea Weigand
Partners In Craft Supplies Used:
- Scor-Pal: Scor-Tape
- Stampendous: Carte Postcard, Peruvian Lily (swirl), Aged Gold Embossing Powder, Shabby White Embossing Powder
- ImagineCrafts/Tsukineko – Memento Ink and Luxe Ink