Sparkle Heart Card
It’s New Release Week here on the May Arts Ribbon Blog! And that means all week long we are inspiring you to create with our awesome new ribbons. That also means you have two chances to win some of your own! Our first giveaway is our Spring Release Giveaway, showing you all our upcoming releases. And for another chance to win, you just have to comment on any post this week!
Now, without further delay, here is another healthy dose of ribbony inspiration with Royal Ribbonista Karen Baker:
Never let anyone dull your sparkle, and don’t let anyone prevent you from checking out the new release ribbons from May Arts! What a fantastic selection of innovative products. I’m just showcasing one of the many in my simple, yet stunning, card project today, which is the Adhesive Backed Sequin Heart Ribbon.
Creating this clean and crisp card with an interactive feature was so simple! There are just a few steps.
- First I cut a standard card base from heavy white cardstock and then a white cardstock panel slightly smaller than the A2 size. I die cut a circle through both layers at the same time.
- Next, I took a length of fishing line and adhered it to one heart that I cut from the spool of ribbon. There is such a nice divide between hearts that it is easy to use just one heart or keep them as a string and both look natural.
- I adhered a second sequin heart right on top of the first, sandwiching the fishing line between them. The adhesive on this ribbon is so strong.
- Finally, I taped the fishing line to the inside of the card base, making sure to center the heart in the circle.
To finish the card, I adhered the small panel that also had the die cut circle to the inside of the card base, matching up the circles. This created a window here the sequin heart can turn and spin! I also stamped an appropriate sentiment.
These adhesive sequin hearts from May Arts Ribbon comes in a variety of colors like the silver one showcased here, as well as a super cool hot pink and luscious bright red.
They are perfect for the upcoming Valentine’s Day Holiday or, like I’ve shown here, for any special occasion or pick-me-up!
By Karen Baker
Other Supplies Used:
- Neenah Solar White Cardstock
- Onyx Black Versafine Ink by Tsukineko
- Shiny Happy Sentiments Stamp Set by Lil’ Inker Designs
- Stitched Mats: Circles Dies by Lil’ Inker Designs