Ribbon Mash Up! Make a Cute Hair Bow.
A little ribbon mash up to create the perfect custom ribbon and FABULOUS accessory. Grosgrain and mini pom-poms are a match made in heaven. A few quick stitches and a little elastic and you will have the cutest dang hair accessory you ever did see.
- Sew pompom trim to edge of grosgrain using a zipper foot will allow you to get nice and close to the trim.
- Cut ribbon into 3 pieces: Bow (10-inches), tails (6-inches) and center (3-inches). Fold ends around to meet in back of bow and hand sew a basting stitch down the center. Pull thread to gather then wrap thread around to secure and tie off thread.
- Center gathered bow over tails and elastic strip then wrap center piece around center of bundle. Fold raw edge under and stitch in place.
- Sew open ends of elastic together at desired size. Rotate sewn edge up under bow center to cover.
- Seal raw edges of ribbon with fray check or a flame/heat.
What May Arts ribbons would you mash up?
Other Supplies Used:
- Sewing machine (with a zipper foot)
- Sewing needle