Ribbon and Lace Key Fob
A good key fob will keep my keys from being lost in the abyss that is my purse. Making a custom fob that is all you makes looking for you keys even better.
- Cut (1) Twill, (2) Lace and (1) Cotton blend ribbon to 10-inches.
- Rip 10-inch piece of 2.5 Inch Cotton Blend w/ Vintage Inspired Print to 1-inch width by clipping at 1 –inch and holding from both edges of cut and pulling evenly.
- Place 3/8 inch lace ribbon on either side of twill ribbon with scalloped edge facing out stitch in place with a zigzag stitch.
- Position 1-inch strip of Cotton Blend with Vintage inspired print in center of piece. Straight stitch down either side of cotton trim.
- D-Ring: Fold ribbon to hold D-ring folding raw edge under for polished finish, stitch in place along folded edge.
- Key Fob Kit: Fold ribbon in half baste along raw edges, I couldn’t find a key fob set in the 1 1/2-inch set so I had to gather along the basted edge to reduce the end to 1 1/4-inch with the stitch along edge to secure gather. Place gathered edge in opening in fob kit and close around ribbon with a pair of pliers. Done!
Now to decide if you will make enough for all the friends in your life who can’t seem to find their keys.…who else will you make one for?
If you love ribbon too, then check out our Design Team Call!
Other Supplies Used:
- 1 1/2-inch D-ring or Key Fob Kit
- Sewing Machine