Are you like me and always reading two or three books at a time and always looking for a bookmark to mark your page? Well, I’ve got a quick and easy Ribbon Bookmark project to share with you today that will make your life easier and add a little style to your books.
You’ll need just a few supplies to complete this project:
- Ribbon: Using ribbon wider than 1” will work best for this project. I made three bookmarks and used the following May Arts ribbon:
- Elastic Hair Bungee
- Buttons—one for each bookmark
- Sewing Machine—having a sewing machine will allow you to complete this project super quick but if you don’t own a sewing machine, you can also stitch this up by hand.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR BOOKMARK:
- Take one end of your ribbon and fold it over your hair elastic and stitch the end down. If using a sewing machine, you can use a decorative stitch to make your bookmark a little fancy.
- Next, measure the bookmark length by placing the ribbon inside your book and wrapping it around the outside of the book until the ends meet and cut.
- Fold the raw edge of your ribbon over about ½” and sew it down.
- Sew your button onto the ribbon end, about 1” in from the end.
And, just that quick you have a beautiful Ribbon Bookmark!
As you get further into your book, the elastic cord will stretch to accommodate the additional pages.
I hope you enjoyed this project. Make a few bookmarks for yourself and a few as gifts!
See you next time!
Blog post by: Shelly Dozier-Mckee