Pretty Pink Gift Clutch
Hi everyone! I have an inexpensive gift packaging idea for you today!
Here's what you will need:
- 8×10 sheet of felt in pink or your choice of color
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- May Arts Ribbon FN27 5/8 Twill
- Goodies to put inside
- Fold felt in half (width wise) making sure all corners match up.
- Freehand your flap design, the good part is it will be the same on both sides.
- Flatten out the felt and smooth out any rough areas in the cut if there are any.
- Bring up the bottom of the sheet 2/3 of the way up to the top and pin.
- Stitch sides leaving a ¼" margin on the left and right sides and being careful not to stitch up onto the flap.
- Close flap and decide where you want it to close, place a dot on the flap and on the purse inside to mark where your clasp will be.
- Stitch ribbon to the inside of the purse and cut a small slit on the flap to allow the ribbon to come through for tying.
- Put your gift inside and tie a bow.
All done! Now you have a sweet packaging idea that takes less than ten minutes to complete! The best part is that you can come up with all sorts of color combinations or add May Arts trims or flowers!
Blog Post By: Kim Wilson