Personalized Ribbon Embroidered Pillow
A length of ribbon can change a plain linen pillow in to a personalized conversation piece. Stitch up this customized pillow for yourself or as a gift. A personalized pillow will be a sweet reminder of the beginning of your family or the birth of a child.
- Cut 2 pieces of linen, mine are 13×17.
- Print desired words on Sulky® Sticky Fabri-Solvy™ or similar printable stabilizer. Place on piece of cut linen.
- Thread Silk Ribbon through embroidery needle. Embroider pattern following lines. I used a stem stitch along thin lines and tripled up the stem stitch on the wider numbers. To dot any i’s use a French knot. Wash (in cold) both pieces of linen, this will wash away the stabilizer and shrink pieces evenly.
- Matching embroidered linen and plain linen piece pin together with right side of embroidery inside. Sew 1/2-inch from edge around all edges leaving 3-4- inch opening.
- Turn pillow cover right side out and fill with FiberFill. Hand stitch to opening closed.
Other Supplies Used:
- Sulky® Sticky Fabri-Solvy™ (Printable and dissolves when washed)
- Linen Fabric
- Fabric Dye, Tulip Brown
- Fiberfill (stuffing)
- Embroidery needle
- Sewing Machine