Did you know that May Arts offers satin/string cording that is perfect for jewelry making? It’s Karen, from The Bald Dragonfly here to show you how a length of beautiful black cord works so well with a few jewelry supplies to create a stunning and elegant pendant necklace in just a few short steps.
First, gather your supplies (supplies listed are for one necklace):
• 16 in. May Arts Satin/String Cord in Black SY10 (length varies on desired length of necklace)
• 3 silver jump rings and filigree tube findings
• 1 lobster clasp
• 1 chandelier earring finding
• Assorted decorative beads
• Pendant (clay flower)
Next, assemble your necklace.
1. Adhere clay flower to earring finding with glue dot.
2. Slip earring and decorative beads onto a jump ring.
Optional: Cover the backside of the pendant with a punched pattered paper circle and glossy accents for a more finished look.
1. Slip tube and jump ring onto one end of cord.
2. Pull the cord through the tube until jump ring is taught and secure with drop of glue through holes in tube.
3. Slip on pendant.
4. Repeat step 2 with other side of necklace, except use lobster clasp instead of jump ring.
Imagine the possibilities of beautiful, stunning necklaces that you could create with a few inches of May Arts Satin/String Cord and a few jewelry pieces…
• Change up the colors and styles of beads and findings to coincide with the recipient’s style.
• Gather a tub of plastic beads and the multi-colored Satin/String Cord available through May Arts (SY77) to create a fun project for a girl’s birthday party or sleepover.
• Skip the lobster clasp and knot the ends of the cord to fit the needs of all neck circumferences.
Blog post by: Karen Baker