Multipurpose Flower Embellishment
Hi all! Vera here, from Ling’s Design Studio, back with a quick and fun tutorial to share with you all.
Right now, large flowers are such a trend embellishment. You see it everywhere, from hair accessories, pin,purse, shoes, etc. Well, I figure, to keep things within budget, it would be fun to make a multi purpose flower.
Let’s get on with the project and you’ll see what I mean.
- Small piece of felt
- Glue dots
- Little Yellow Bicycle Fabric Flower ( you could also make your own flower using die-cut if you’d like)
- Button embellishment
1. Cut a small circle of felt. It doesn’t have to be a perfect circle, I just free hand-cut mine.
2. Cut apart the suede leaves ribbon. I used 10 leaves.
3. Arrange the suede leaves around the felt piece and adhere with glue dots.
4. Add the ready-made fabric flower (if you don’t have one handy, you can easily make your own die-cut flower). For my flower, before I added the button, I covered the back of the button with adhesive and adhere a few loops of baker’s twine for fun details.
5. For the back, I added a strip of felt. Only put glue dots at the ends of the strip (if you prefer, you can always sew the ends. The glue dots is my quick way of doing this).
This little strip is what makes this flower multi purpose. When you want to use it as a pin, all you need to do is slide a brooch pin or safety pin and you can pin the flower to your dress or fabric purse. To embellish your headband, simply slide in through your headband. Don’t have a headband? Slide it through a ribbon and make your own quick headband.
May Arts have this suede leaves ribbon available in several colors, so you can easily make a few of them in different colors. This is also a fun project that you can do together with your little girls.
Hope you like this super easy project. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Blog post by: Vera Yates