Make a Flower with Pleated Satin Ribbon
The May Arts pleated satin ribbon is one of my favorite trims for sewing and paper-crafts, recently I found a new project to create with it, ruched satin flowers! Unlike many hand made flowers these require little time and supplies… plus, no sewing machine required!
- You will notice the pleated satin ribbon (available in 5/8” and 1.5”) has a seam to hold the pleats through the center.
- Cut approx. a 12” piece and pull the top tread on each side, rushing the ribbon toward the center. Do this slowly as to not break the thread.
- Tie the thread in a knot to make a circle of ruched ribbon.
- Place the palm of your hand on top of the ribbon circle and press down to create a flat side.
- Punch a circle of sookwang double-sided adhesive tape to apply to the backside of the flower.
- Trim thread and add a center embellishment (pictured is a brad created with Imaginisce i-top brad topper).
Check out these cards created with my new flowers
Blog posted by: Virginia Fynes
May Arts Ribbon Used:
- 379 1.5″ Pleated Satin
- 379 5/8″ Pleated Satin
Partners in Craft Supplies Used:
- Imaginisce i-Top Brad Topper
Other Supplies Used:
- Sookwang: Adhesive Sheets
- My Minds Eye: Papers and Enamel Dots
- American Crafts: paper
- Doodlebug Design: Mr. & Mrs. Stamp