Love is in the Air
"My heart is ever at your service."
Welcome to the May Arts blog! Right in the middle of the doldrums of winter, comes the season of love and that’s not just love baby, that’s L-O-V-E, looove. It’s the season little girls dream about and little boys find truly “icky”. At least that’s the way our sons used to describe Valentine’s Day. They thought getting candy was fine but why did they have to endure that “lovey dovey” stuff?
We here at May Arts Ribbon are prepared when it comes to Valentine’s Day. Vintage crochets, lush silks, vivid reds and soft pinks are just perfect for the season of love. I’ve got three cards for you today that range from vintage to bright and fun that I hope will inspire your season of love.
First, here’s a tip for using those large stamps that aren’t sized for typical A2 or 5.5 x 4.25 inch cards. You can avoid extra postage by making long narrow cards and using business size envelopes for mailing. Dress up the envelopes by adding a strip of designer paper to the front and a liner to the inside flap. This card is 8” x 3 3/4”.
I think the soft color palette is perfect for a Valentine’s wedding shower or invitation.
- Ribbon – May Arts Cotton Crochet; May Arts 1.25 inch Champagne Silk
- Stamps – Sparkle N Sprinkle – Mary
- Paper – K & Co. Life’s Journey; Bazzill Basics
- Ink – Memento; Copic Markers
- Ribbon – May Arts 3/8 inch solid check
- Stamps – Sparkle N Sprinkle Happy Heart
- Ink – Versamark
- Paper – Martha Stewart; Papertrey Ink
- Other – Helmar 450 Quick Dry; SNS glitter embossing powder; Spellbinders long rectangle dies’; buttons; Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Last but oh so not least is my favorite. Softly romantic and elegantly vintage with May Arts Crochet and silk ribbons.
I made the heart using Spellbinders heart die and chipboard then covered the chipboard shape with another heart cut from Kraft cardstock. The base cardstock was scored at ½ inch intervals on the Scor-Pal. Card size is 5.5” x 4.25”.
- Ribbon – May Arts 7/8” wide Ivory Crochet, May Arts 1/4" Rose Silk; May Arts Natural Burlap String
- Stamps – Rubbernecker Love Set 545
- Paper – K & Co.
- Ink – Staz-On; Papertrey Ink
- Other – Helmar Zap Dots, Helmar 450 Quick Dry; Scor-Pal; sewing machine, distressing tool; dried roses; Martha Stewart oval stick on pearls
Love Always, Charlene Driggs
Blog post by: Charlene Driggs