Let’s Go Camping!
Welcome back to the May Arts blog! We’re so excited to be partnering with October Afternoon to bring you some exciting new products and projects that we hope will help spark your creativity.
Some of our family’s happiest (and silliest) memories center around the camping trips we took when our sons were young. They both loved them so much that they now camp with their families.
When I saw October Afternoon’s Campfire product line, I was instantly transported back to those fun times. We did our camping in a tent since our boys were in scouting and had to “rough it”. It was great until it rained…a lot! I remember leaving everything at the campsite and driving home to sleep (we were close) then going back the next day to wring everything out.
Isn’t this image just adorable? I popped both the Wild Card panel and the Tin Pin on foam tape.
- Card size – 5.5” x 4.25”
- Paper – October Afternoon Campfire Sleeping Bag/Animal Tracks, Stampin’ Up
- Ink – Papertrey Ink Chai (sponging)
- Ribbon: May Arts 100% Jute Burlap String– SM10
- Accessories: October Afternoon Tin Pins, foam tape
Have you ever wondered what the animals were doing while you sleeping all cozy in your tent?
Well, they go fishing, of course!
- Card size – 5.5” x 4.25”
- Stamps: Papertrey Ink Pond Life (fish)
- Ribbon: May Arts Velvet Corduroy 357-34-16,
- Accessories: October Afternoon Campfire Tin Pins, Shape Stickers, Word Stickers, foam tape, craft knife, Tutorial for Pop up Stage Card
- *Here’s a tip for removing the backing from stickers when you want to use them for another purpose. Just rub them with a craft sponge until the tackiness is gone.
No camping trip would be complete without S’mores. I thought this little treat would be perfect for a camping themed birthday party favor.
Hmmmm…somebody’s been altering the signs!
Here’s your supply list for this cute treat bag:
- Paper – 2 pieces of cardstock: 4” x 12 and 2” to 2.5” x 12”
- Accessories – October Afternoon Shape Stickers, foam tape, double- sided sticky tape, 2 graham crackers, 3 marshmallows, mini Hershey bar, clear cello bag
1. Score 4” piece of cardstock as shown.
2. Assemble box.
3. Attach 3.75” of double sided tape to each end of both pieces of ribbon.
4. Measure about ½” from the end of the box. Beginning at the middle of the base of box, attach one end of ribbon, loop it around then attach the other end. Repeat on the other side.
5. The trim piece will cover your ribbon ends and strengthen the box base. I decided to make mine 2” wide; however you can make yours up to 2.5”, if desired. The scoring measurements will remain the same for any size. Note that the 10.5” score has increased to 10.75”.
Apply double sided tape in the same positions as in step 1. Assemble and insert your box. You may add a piece of double sided tape to the trim piece base to make sure it stays secure.
6. Assemble and insert your S’mores kit. Tie with Satin Leaves.
Now go ahead and feed some bears compliments of May Arts and October Afternoon. They’ll love you for it!
Blog post by: Charlene Driggs