Last Minute Gift
Hello everyone! I am really honored to be posting my first project as part of the lovely May Arts DT! I am having a great time and the other girls are FABULOUS so please go show them some love if you havent already!
Onto my project!!! I wanted to create something for those times when a birthday you have forgotten or an occasion arises that you need a small gift, hope you like it!
You will need:
- A small tin box, altoid boxes work great if you want to paint them or if not you can find them online just about anywhere!
- A large loop chain necklace with clasp
- Brads or other embellishment for the center of your flowers
- Felt for backing your flowers
- Hot glue
- May Arts ribbons SK01, SK10
- Patterned paper, button, tag or other embellishments you want for top of box
- Flower dies and circle dies
- Add the patterned paper to top of box, trim, add embellishments
- Cut out three circles from felt, two, small in same size, one larger
- Cut out approximately 30 flowers from the 1.5in. Silk May Arts ribbon
- Fold flowers in half and then half again, glue to felt with points into the center of the circle
- Glue one flower cut out on top of the layers and add embellishment to center
- Repeat with other two flowers
- Position all three flowers in V shape and glue to another strip of felt, trim around flowers
- Adhere ¼ silk ribbon that has been folded in the center to make a V between layers of felt, leaving 3-4 in. tails on both sides with the V point inside the felt. Allow to dry
- Using the ¼ ribbon, tie each end to chain after removing one link to allow the necklace to open into a long strip of chain.
Blog Posted By: Kim Wilson