Hello May Arts followers! Virginia here to share with you an idea to create beautiful snowflake embellishments that will sure to make your winter projects wonderful! These are so easy you’ll have them made before the snow flies!
- Thread your needle with coordinating thread (I used pink so you could see better).
- Weave needle back and forth through the lace scrap. Experiment sewing in the middle and on the edge to achieve different snowflakes. After all no two snowflakes are alike!
- When you reach the end, scrunch the lace back to the starting point and tie off.
- Sew or hot glue your button in the center to disguise sewing.
Check out a few projects I made using my Snowflakes:
Blog post by: Virginia Fynes
May Arts Ribbon Used:
- 390-38-09, 390-15-09, 390-34-09 Lace Ribbon
- 361-58-01 Crochet Lace
- 412-18 Bakers Twine
- NP01 1.5″ Crochet Lace
- 424-18-31 Candy Cane Stripes
Partners in Craft Supplies Used:
- Echo Park Winter Wonderland and Santa Claus tags
- Authentique Pattern Paper
- Bazzill Basics cardstock
- Helmar zapdots
Other Supplies Used:
- Dollar store feathers
- Needle and thread
- Shiny buttons, beads, or rhinestones (mine are vintage buttons with a center post)