“Ink it!” Challenge Inspiration – Tag Set
Today I get the pleasure of inspiring you for your Ink It challenge using at least four of the five fabulous May Arts ribbon you’ve been supplied with. When the Ribbon Lady asked if I’d like to help out I graciously (or fan-girl-esque) accepted because I’m such a huge fan of altering and changing things to make them my own.
I decided to do a tag set that could sit on our mantle and commemorate the first time my son visited the beach this summer. He’s always been a big fan of water and this was truly a magical experience for him. To ink my ribbons I’ve made faux fabric tape by stamping on the canvas, splattered Glimmer mist, drawn on the leaves with a pen, and dyed with distress stains.
Supplies used include:
- May Arts: XL09 – Ivory Suede Leaves, 393-25-01 – White flowers, EM02 – Ivory Net, and the Ivory Canvas.
- Paper: Black cardstock, My Mind’s Eye On The Bright Side.
- Inks: Ranger’s Archival Black, Distress Stain in Pumice Stone, a Uni-ball pen, Liquid Pearls, Tattered Angels Chalkboard mist in Charcoal.
- Stamps: Viva Las VegaStamps!: 18793 – Pointed Pen Tip, 18098 – Birds on a Wire, 5757 – Chicken Wire, 16207 – Writing Background.
- Other: Pink Paislee Wooden Alphas, Helmar Quick Dry adhesive, double sided tape, Martha Stewart Punch, pearls, brads.
- And here is a quick video on coloring the ribbons for the flower on the third tag:
Over n Out! -DeeDee
Blog post by: DeeDee Catron