Hydrangea Shadow Box
Day 3 of May Arts / Stampendous Blog Week!
Hydrangea Shadow Box
Hi! This is Jingle here with a fun shadow box project using the fabulous stamps from Stampendous along with some truly gorgeous ribbon from May Arts. This was really a fun project and I hope you get a chance to try it out! I found my frame at a local thrift shop, so if you keep your eyes open you can get them for a great price!
- May Arts Ribbons:
384 ¾ in. Lace/Pearl Center
SK01 1.25 in. Silk Ribbon
SK25 1/8 in. Scarlet Silk Ribbon
- Stamps: Stampendous Hydrangea
- Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
- Colorants: Watercolor Crayons and Twinkling H2O water colors
- Frame: Shadow Box style
- Paint: Cream and Burnt Umber
- Adhesive: Tombow Mono Multi liquid, foam dots
1. Paint the Shadow Box Frame with Burnt Umber Paint and allow to dry.
2. Paint over the Burnt Umber with a Cream paint and allow to dry.
3. Sand areas of the frame to distress, creating a shabby look. Set frame aside.
4. Stamp image on Grungeboard two times.
5. Color each of the two images with watercolor crayons.
6. Add dimension to one of the images using a darker tone of Twinkling H2O water color paints.
7. Cut the image with only water color crayons out in one piece.
8. Cut the second image (with the added color dimension) into several pieces – stem and leaves in one piece, and then cut a few flowers here and there keeping all parts of the image in tact.
9. Adhere the ‘puzzle’ image to the full image using foam dots. In some areas use one, in some, use two, and in others use three, giving the piece added dimension.
10. Remove the backing of the frame.
11. Cover the back with Tombow Mono Multi and allow to sit for a minute or so to allow it to dry a bit, but remain tacky. Cover the back loosely with cream silk ribbon. Using a strong liquid glue, add the pearl lace strips over the silk ribbon seams.
12. Adhere the hydrangea to the backing with foam tape and tie the red silk ribbon around the stem.
13. Insert backing into frame and secure to finish it off!
Blog Post by: Jingle