Holiday Cheer Pennant
I absolutely love decorating for Christmas, so it’s never too early for me to begin creating my holiday projects. This year I am going to decorate with a bit of whimsey and have decided to create a holiday pennant to hang over my French doors. This look can be adapted to any holiday style or color theme just by changing out the paper design and ribbon choices. Since I wanted a fun and casual look, I used a color theme of classic red and green with accents of apple green and white.
Here’s what you need to create your own holiday pennant:
- Holiday themed scrapbook paper—12” x 12”—I used designs from The Paper Studio
- Solid colored cardstock
- Hero Arts Rubber Stamps—For this project I used the Hero Arts Holiday Cheer Cling Stamps
- Color Box Pigment Stamp Pad
- Hero Arts Ultra Fine Prisma Glitter
- Zots—Clear Adhesive dots
- Double Sided Tape
- Pom Poms
- Die Cut Holly Leaves with Brads
- To create your individual pennants, cut the12” x 12” piece of patterned paper in half, leaving a 6” x 12” piece
- Next, fold the 6” x 12” piece in half, wrong sides facing each other, with the open end at left
- Measure down 3” on the left side (open end) of the paper and make a mark
- Using a ruler, mark a line diagonally from the 3” center mark to the bottom left and right corner (folded edge)—this will give you the outline for your triangular pennant shape.
- Cut out the pennant shape. Repeat, cutting out the total number of pennants you want.
After all the pennants are cut, the fun begins.
You’ll want to begin embellishing each pennant. I started by layered my ribbons along the edges of the pennants.
Next, I added additional embellishments like the holly leaf cut outs and pom poms to the bottom points of each pennant.
As the final step in decorating my holiday pennant, I stamped various Hero Arts Holiday Cheer messages on solid colored cardstock, added glitter and cut out the shapes. I adhered the cut out messages to the top of each pennant with double sided tape and my holiday pennant was complete!
Since I was having so much fun creating this holiday pennant, I decided to make a couple of gift tags to coordinate with my pennant. I cut our different gift tag shapes from card stock, stamped them with my Hero Arts Holiday Cheer and Enjoy the Season Cling stamps, and added some of my May Arts ribbon. Finally, I used Hero Arts Diamond Gems and glitter to add a bit of sparkle and bling.
I hope you enjoyed my Holiday Pennant project and are inspired to add some Holiday Cheer to your home this year!
Blog Posted By: Shelly Dozier-Mckee