Heat Setting Ribbon for an Easy to Make Christmas Card
Hello and Happy Holidays! I am here sharing a quick and easy holiday card. With my favorite heated sheer ribbon made to look like a flower. No needles and thread needed with this project.
- This card is a 6×6 from white card stock. Each layer is ¼” smaller alternating between dark red and white. The final layer being embossed with Spellbinders Holidays Magic Embossing folder trimmed to 5×5.
- The sentiment from Stampendous Christmas Wishes and is stamped with red ink. It is matted with dark red card stock.
Making the flower using 5/8” Sheer Ruffled Edge Ribbon (350-58-01):
- Wrap ribbon into 6, continuous loops that are 2 ½” wide.
- Tightly tie center with string.
- Cut loops just before the folds.
- You will have shorter pieces in front and longer in the back.
- Use heat tool on low heat.
- Use clip in the center to hold down.
- Use small tweezers to separate each strand of ribbon twisting as you are heating.
- Add larger ribbon and leaves.
Happy Holiday’s, Rhea
By Rhea Weigand
Partners In Craft Supplies Used: