Happy Birthday Banner
Do you ever have craft dreams? Where you wake up with a picture of something in your dreams and you can’t get it out of your head so you just have to make it. Well that is how this beauty was born. I’m pretty sure it stemmed from the pictures of the beautiful new 3″ Tulle and just went wild from there.
- Cut 8 1/2″x 11″ piece of card stock in half so you get a 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2 piece.
- Cut a “V” at one end and adhere the old book paper to the other. Layer 6 pieces of tulle and sew down the center. Fold it in half and cut small cuts ever 1/4-1/2″ along the ends. This gives us some fun fluff to our banner.
- Sew the tulle onto the card stock and adhere the “happy birthday” canvas ribbon along the stitching line.
- Add letters, flowers and pompoms.
- Tie everything together with full silk bows along the top and hang.
I hope you have enjoyed my project today and I would love to see some of your banners.
Other Supplies Used:
- Lawn Fawn: lets polka paper
- Doilies-Curtsey Boutique
- Card stock
- Old book pages