Halloween Place Cards
Pumpkins, bats, witches, broomsticks!! It must mean fall is here! I’ve got a super quick and simple, (yet super cute!) tutorial for you today on how to create your own miniature broomstick-perfect for your fall and Halloween decorating.
I initially created these broomsticks to use as place cards for a Halloween party. I simply propped them up by the mugs and then will be able to use them later for a fall vignette-complete with miniature pumpkins or bats!.
The broomsticks are so easy to make and there are only a few supplies needed.
- Start by wrapping the raffia around your hand, about fifteen times (or more if you prefer a more full broom)
- Before removing the raffia from your hand, stick the twig in the middle, covering about an inch and half of the twig with the raffia.
- Wrap the newly available waxed cord around the twig, about an inch from the end of the loops and tie loosely. You can remove your hand and tighten the cord, wrapping it a number of times around the raffia and twig and securing the ends with a knot. I love this waxed string because it really keeps the knot secure.
- Cut the loops on both ends of the raffia. For a more authentic look, do not cut all the loops evenly.
That’s it! Such a quick and simple, yet authentic and effective little decoration for fall or Halloween.
Blog post by: Karen Baker
Other Supplies Used:
- Wplus9 Banner Die
- Lil’ Inker Designs Bats and Broomsticks Die
- Stick Pin