Embossed Wood Monogram
Welcome to the May Arts Blog! We have another quick and easy project for you today. Whether you need a quick birthday present (you forgot the party was TODAY!) or like me, you want a quick way to dress up a bedroom for a special little girl (or boy), you can have this project ready to go in under 30 minutes. This one is girly girl but can be easily adapted for boys as well.
What makes this project different is that we’re going to heat emboss our images on the wood letter to add some extra shimmer.
I love gifts that are personalized to my recipient. This one uses colors, styles and charms that tell the story of what my special little girl loves. Pink and black to match her bedroom, elegant May Arts ribbon in satin, lace and pearls to signify her love for beauty, and charms that tell the story of things she loves.
Here’s your supply list:
- Pre-painted wood letter (Michael’s)
- Hero Arts stamps – Dahlia, Box of Dots
- Versacolor Pigment Ink – Petal Pink
- Clear embossing powder
- Heat gun
- Head pin, beads, charms, chipboard heart, glitter, glue
Here are the easy steps:
1. Stamp images onto letter using pigment ink.
2. Sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder, heat until melted.
3. Tie on May Arts ribbon (love the elegance of the pearls and lace!)
4. Glitter chipboard heart, glue to ribbon.
5. Make bead/charm pin alternating beads and charms. (I used a ballerina, two hearts, and a cross)
I plan to keep of stash of these letters on hand for quick personalized gifts.
Thanks for visiting us on the May Arts blog today. We can’t wait to see your heat embossed embellished monograms!
Blog Post By: Charlene Driggs