Easy Macramé Bracelets
Christmas will be here before we know it! Here’s a quick, easy and inexpensive gift idea for your BFFs or to use as stocking stuffers for those girly girls in the family.
I used May Arts SY Satin String. This gorgeous ribbon comes in 19 colors so you can mix and match to your hearts content. Once you get the square knot technique (animated knot tutorial) down, each bracelet takes about 20 minutes to make.
Here’s how to do it:
First, gather your supplies. You’ll need:
- May Arts Satin Cord
- 2 clips
- A piece of sturdy cardboard
- Measure satin cord to wrap easily around your wrist. Add 2 inches, then double and cut. I cut mine 20 inches.
- Cut another cord 3X the length of the first cord. (60 inches in my case.)
- Fold the 20 inch cord in two. Tie a knot in one end, and then clip the cord to your cardboard.
- If desired, coat one end of the 60 inch cord with nail polish to help keep track of your cords in case you get interrupted. 🙂
- Thread the long cord under the cord on your board, making sure the ends are even. Begin making square knots. They’re basically the knot you learned to tie your shoes. “Right over left up and under, left over right up and under.” Pull the knots tight and continue until 2-3 inches from the knot at the bottom.
- Tie a knot at the bottom with all the cords. Secure with strong glue. Once dry, cut off the extra cording.
That’s it! Lots of pretty shiny satiny bracelets! Don’t forget to make some for yourself too! You can find a PDF download here.
Thanks for joining us on the May Arts Ribbonblog. We hope we’ve inspired you today.
- Stiff cardboard
- Clear drying glue