DIY Kindle Cover
I recently got a Kindle HD for my birthday, so I had to make a beautiful cover for it. This project is very easy and could be accomplished in about an hour.
- Cut out 2 pieces of fabric, 2 pieces of lining and 2 pieces of fusible batting.
- Adhere the batting to your main fabric pieces.
- Choose desired ribbons, this is the time to sew them on. If altering ribbons, flowers or leaves make sure you do this now, it is much easier.
- Sew the sides and bottom of main fabric. Sew the sides and bottom of lining making sure you leave a 2" section not sewn for turning.
- Pin a ribbon loop at the top so you have a way of closing your bag, you will stitch this down with the next step.
- With right sides together and the 2 bags inside itself sew around the top. Turn using the 2" gap at the bottom of the lining. Sew the gap closed.
- Sew on a button.
I hope you have enjoyed my project today I would love to check out your project if you make one, leave me a link so I can.
Blog post by: Jenifer Cowles
Other Supplies Used:
- 2 pieces of fabric and 2 pieces if lining (muslin) 6×9
- HeatNBond fusible batting 2 pieces 6×9