DIY iPad Case in Gold
We have come to our last New Release project of our blog week. But while it may be our last, there’s certainly no shortage of inspiration here! And, naturally, there is still a chance to win some new ribbon of your own! So, be sure to leave plenty of comments around the blog!
Hi, Virginia here from Fynes Designs today. I was so excited to see that May Arts released more GOLD ribbons!! I think I have some crow relatives because anything shiny I’m drawn to! When I seen the adhesive gold hearts I knew I would have to try sewing with them, because I’m always doing appliqué. I decided to make a small clutch for my ipad, or a notebook on the go, and the new glittery elastic band was going to play a big part!
- I simply sewed a long pillow case piece of fabric (I’m not including measurements because it can be any size). Flip right side out and tuck two pieces of looped elastic band into the ‘pillow case’ opening. Make sure the elastic is reverse (right sides together) so when it is wrapped around your clutch the pretty side is showing.
- Arrange the gold hearts as desired, peeling the paper backing and sticking.
- Sew two straight lines through the top and bottom of each heart.
- You will get a bit of adhesive build up on your needle, but cleaning it with a bit of alcohol after a few hearts will do the trick.
- Fold up the bottom edge of the fabric with right sides together and sew a seam on each side of the bag making it into an envelope.
- Put your goodies inside and wrap your elastics around for safekeeping!
Doesn’t it make a cute clutch; the gold hearts and glitter elastic give it the perfect amount of glam!
Thanks for joining me today!
Other Supplies Used:
- Long rectangular piece of fabric
- Sewing Machine