DIY Box Wedding Invitations
Silk Boxes are one of the newest trends for Soon to be Wed Couples to send there Wedding Invitations. But Silk Boxes are expensive to buy. So why not try a cheaper paper box to pack your wedding invites. Here’s a cheaper version of the Wedding Box Invitation.
I was inspired by the Fire & Ice Engagement Party Invitation of Miss Emily Thorne on the TV show Revenge. Do any of you watch that show? Well, it is a show on TV that is aired every Wednesday on ABC. Miss Emily Thorne, the lead character was engaged to an all-American boy of privilege from the the Hamptons- Daniel Grayson. I tried to find an actual photo of the Engagement Party Invitation online but no luck. If you guys find it, please let me know.
The How To of my DIY Wedding Box Invitation:
- Stamp a white cardstock with Stampendous Cling Jumbo Zinnia using a VersaMark Ink.
- Emboss it with red embossing powder and then ink it with “Fired Ink” distress ink. Cut outline.
- Color the center with yellow markers and add red self adhesive rhinestones.
- Print the invitation wordings, then stamp a Swirl and heat emboss using the Stampendous Aged Green Embossing Enamel. Add some green self adhesive rhinestones.
- Add a red Satin Pleats May Arts ribbons on the card and the black Satin Pleats in the sides of my box.
- Add foam dots at the back of the cut-out flower and layer it on top of the embossed swirl to create a 3D effect.
- Add another layer of red cardstock.
- Create a band for the box using Stampendous’ border, add the red Satin Pleats May Arts Ribbon.
- Add some feathers and flower for accent. Done.
I love how it turned out. I think the big Stampendous Floral Stamps + the May Arts ribbon gives a great impact on this project.
Thanks for stopping. I hope I inspired you today.
Blog posted by: Jinky Kowalski
Hop on over to Stampendous for more inspiration!