Ever since I saw a picture of one of these guys on the internet, I have been anxious to make one! So when my friend told me about her baby shower, I got to work!
- Take a pack of diapers (I used size 2) and split it up into 3 quantities. I had 2 piles with an equal amount and 1 pile which had more diapers than the other two.
- Wrap the diapers around a toilet paper roll creating a wheel. You should end up with two that are the same size and one larger. Use rubber bands to secure each wheel and wrap ribbon over to cover the rubber bands
- Stand the large wheel with the two smaller wheels on each end, creating the base of the trike. Use ribbon to keep these together.
- Tie two bibs together to create handle bars and use ribbon to keep handlebars attached to the larger wheel.
- Add baby items to trike as desired! (I added a baby bottle as a headlight, bibs as seat covers)
Blog post by: Marie Otake
May Arts Ribbon Used:
- 350-15-34 Sheer with Ruffle Edge
- 420-94 Paper Cording
- RP44 Reversible Satin
Other Supplies Used:
- 4 bibs
- Baby bottle