We had a local scrapbook place unfortunately close down for business. I purchased several spools of stickers, and ended up with those cardboard spools. I held onto it for awhile with the thought of “I will make something with it later.”
I was decluttering my craft desk one day and I came up with this fun idea! The spools I have been stashing came in three different sizes and reminded me of a pen holder! I got to work and here is what I came up with!
- Cover each spool in fabric and used modge podge to seal.
- Create a trim on the bottom using May Arts Ribbon.
- Line the insides of the spools using cardstock.
- Cut out cork for the base of each spool. I measured each base to be a little smaller than the opening of the spool so it would fit easily, yet snug. Use Modge Podge to seal.
- You can adhere all spools together to create one connected desk organizer. I chose to keep mine separated, so I have versatility with how to use it!
Blog post by: Marie Otake
May Arts Ribbon Used:
- WQ27 Web Ribbon
- 373-58-23 Satin & Grosgrain Ribbon
Other Supplies Used:
- Mod Podge