Card – Pleated Ribbon
Hi, it’s Gini here to brighten up your day with a cheerful card. I used two May Arts Ribbons that I am almost addicted to! The Paper Cord and the Grosgrain with Ivory Stripes. I think I could use these ribbons every day, and still marvel at how cool they are. After I machine pleated the striped ribbon – I was even more in love! And I hope that you will be too.
- May Arts Ribbon – RG 1.5″x30y – GGRAIN/IVORY STRIPES; .420 2mmx100y Paper Cord
- Patterned Paper: Kaisercraft – Magnolia Grove
- Cardstock: WorldWin Papers – Ivory
- Stamps: Heartfelt Creations: HCPC 3301 Hydrangea/Posy Branch; HCOC 3303 Posy Patch Flowers
- Dies: Heartfelt Creations – Spellbinders HCD 717 Layered Scalloped Posy
- Fiskars: Punch; Pinking Shear Scissors
- McGill Flower Shaping Tools and Mat
- Want2Scrap Pearls
- Close To My Heart Bling
- American Crafts: Dear Lizzy Wood Buttons
- Clearnsnap Ink: Colorbox Graphic 45 Decades Antiquing Dye Ink – Dark Cashmere; Colorbox Pigment Ink- Merlot
- Copic Markers: YG91, YG93, YG95
- Creative Inspirations Paint: Tutu Pink; Rustic Red
- GlueArts : Glue Glider Pro Perma Tac Adhesive; U Cut It 3D Adhesive Foam Blanks
- Art Glitter: Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
- Stamp the hydrangea, fussy cut the image. Color the leaves using Copic markers. Paint the flowers using shimmer paint. Turn the image over, place in the palm of your hand and use a flower shaping tool or embossing stylus to cup the area of the flowers.
- Cut about 30 small flowers, from ivory cardstock. Stamp each flower with the matching image using Merlot ink. Paint over the flowers with the shimmer paints. Shape each flower by placing it on the mat, and make a circular motion in each center with a medium sized flower shaping tool. Glue the shaped flowers on the base flower branch with Dries Clear Adhesive. Place a rhinestone in the center of one flower, and pearls in the centers of all other flowers.
- Arrange patterned papers for the base of the card. Ink edges of all papers with Dark Cashmere Ink. Add machine stitching.
- Loosely gather 1.5” striped ribbon, using a sewing machine. Take 3-4 stitches, lift the presser foot, and hand gather (or scrunch) the ribbon. Lower the presser foot, and repeat until your whole length of ribbon is gathered.
- Glue paper cord down the center of the gathered ribbon, and add a button finished with a bow of the paper cord.
- Use dimensional foam to adhere the hydrangea branch and the sentiment to the card base.
Blog post by: Gini Williams Cagle