Autumn Wall Hanging
This is Jenifer here with you today to share a fun autumn project. Don't get me wrong, I love fall but I sometimes have a hard time letting go of the flowers and all the green that spring and summer have to offer. So my autumn wall hanging does have some muted flowers and some pink I just couldn't help it. All the flowers are handmade 🙂 No store bought flowers here 🙂
- Trace around the embroidery hoop and add 1/2" on to the desired patterned paper.
- Cut out the circle and cut little cuts every 1/4-1/2" all the way around. This will give you a nice smooth surface to adhere with Super Tape.
- Gather 10" of the ruffle burlap from both ends of the center string and tie in a knot, using a jumbo zot loop the strings in the zot giving the flower character.
- Layer many of the May Arts flowers together and sew them together with some pearl beads.
- Gather the silk ribbon with a quick basting stitch and follow the same guidelines as the ruffle burlap ribbon.
- Fold a May Arts flower in quarters and wrap them around a few stamens and you get these beautiful little blooms.
- Cut a couple inches of the wired pearls and wrap them around a pencil to get these fun little pearl tendrils.
- When you are done with your flower cluster, slightly ruffle some more of the ruffle burlap ribbon and using the super tape adhere it to the outside of the embroidery hoop.
- Hang and admire 🙂
Blog post by: Jenifer Cowles
Other Supplies Used:
- Pitt Pen Nougat- Faber Castell
- Patterned Paper- My Little Shoebox
- Embroidery Hoop
- Wood curls from the shop
- Super Tape- ThermOWeb