An Elegant Fall
Day 2 – May Arts / Creative Imaginations Blog Week!
Fall is upon us and that means lots of holidays and birthdays to prepare and plan for. It’s also a time of visiting friends and family so it’s always nice to have a little stash of hostess gifts set aside.
This week, May Arts and Creative Imaginations have come to our rescue with some amazing and fun to use products. I have a hostess gift or table decoration and 2 cards for you that look like they took far more time than they did.
- 1 (6 inch) candle
- Creative Imaginations Marah Johnson Paint It with Luminarte Designer Paper
- Creative Imaginations Twinkling H20’s Ginger Peach, Snap Dragon, Mustard Green
- May Arts 1.25 inch Olive silk (SK16)
- Making Memories Autumn Splendor glittered leaves
- Bead/leaf (came on candle)
- Strong double sided tape
- Water brush or Paint brush/water
I always say I don’t do messy crafts. CI Twinkling H20’s made painting quick, easy, fun and I had clean hands when I was finished! I used a water brush so I didn’t have to worry about spilling a container of water on my paper.
To create the candle band, just cut the desired colors of paper to fit around your candle. Place a strip of strong double sided tape on one end and attach the band. Embellish with gorgeous May Arts Olive Silk Ribbon and glittered leaves.
Up next is a fall card using some narrow ¾” strips of the painted Creative Imaginations Marah Johnson paper. I painted the vein lines in the leaves with the Ginger Peach Twinkling H20’s. I love these rich elegant colors with the Kraft and black!
- Cardstock – Papertrey Ink
- Creative Imaginations Marah Johnson Paint It Designer Paper painted with H20’s
- May Arts 1.25 inch Black Silk ribbon (SK10)
- May Arts 3/8 inch Double Faced Satin (HA10)
- Making Memories Autumn Splendor leaves; Beaded pin; Glue Arts adhesive; Glue dots
Card size – 5 ½ inches by 4 ¼ inches
1. Cut base, trim Kraft layer 1/8 inch narrower than base. Attach paper and ribbon strips with glue, wrapping the ribbon to the back of the Kraft layer. Apply adhesive to the back of the Kraft layer. Attach to base.
2. Attach glittered leaves with glue dots. Brush H20’s onto paper leaves, attach to the card base with glue dots. Tie a double bow with May Arts black silk ribbon. Attach to card with glue dots. Make and attach beaded pin.
3. Attach a 5 3/8 inch by 4 inch piece of Kraft cardstock on the card’s interior for writing.
Last up is an elegant card that could be used for just about any occasion. I love the pop of the May Arts Rose Silk Ribbon with the black and cream and subtle shimmer of the H20’s.
- Cardstock – Papertrey Ink
- Creative Imaginations Marah Johnson Paint It designer paper
- Creative Imaginations Marah Johnson Paint It Die Cuts
- CI Luminarte Twinkling H20’s Hot Cinnamon, Mustard Green
- May Arts 1.25 inch/ ¼ inch Rose Silk Ribbon (SK-26)
- Rubbernecker Stamps – 582-05
- Recollections Mulberry Roses, pearls; beaded pin; water brush; Glue Arts adhesive; dimensionals, distressing tool, glue dots; sewing machine
Card Size – 5 ½ inches by 4 ¼ inches
1. Cut card base from black cardstock. Cut cream and music layers ¼ inch smaller incrementally. Attach music layer to cream layer in the center using a small bit of GA adhesive. Sew around the edges with sewing machine. Distress the edges with the distressing tool or a pair of scissors. Attach to base layer.
2. Stamp sentiment onto Creative Imaginations Paint it Die Cut. Brush with Twinkling H20’s. Attach self-stick pearls to the die cut then attach the die cut to the card with dimensionals.
3. Form a double loop bow with May Arts 1.25 inch Rose Silk Ribbon. Hold with your fingers while you form another double loop bow with May Arts ¼ inch Rose Silk Ribbon. Tie both bows together with a small piece of the ¼ inch Rose silk ribbon. Attach the bow and the roses to the card with glue dots. Make and attach the beaded pin.
Easy, elegant and fun, thanks to May Arts Ribbon and Creative Imagination Luminarte Products!
Blog post by: Charlene Driggs