Virginia here, I’m so happy to share this project with you!
Ever try to remember why you call it ‘kepitch’ rather that ‘ketchup’? Or the time your wee one told their teacher that mommy is most beautiful when she is in the shower? I’m sure you’re aware of all the cute, silly and sweet things that come from the mouth of babes. But do you have a specific place to record it? These little journals are the perfect place to put all those memories! I have one and I really try hard to jot down a few things here and there. I know it will be cherished as my children grow (since I nearly bust a gut now at something that happened last week!) These little albums are a unique (not to mention cheap) gift for a baby shower!
I have been a long time user of Tombow products, but since this week May Arts have teamed up with the adhesive folks over there, I thought this project would be perfect to showcase a great use for their Hook and Loop tabs.
To create this project you will need some composition notebooks, such as these ones. Mine were 3 for $1!
I was really able to cram pack these tiny journals with tons of beautiful May Arts ribbons and details.
1.Using Tombow Power Bond Runner adhere the twill ribbon to the book spine.
3. Cut an arm 3” long of either paper or ribbon. On the blue album I used 382-34-27 Yellow Chevron Twill. Using Power Bond, tape the wrap around arm to the edge of the raw cover (back side). Create decal for end of arm. Punch 2 circles, put brad through one circle and arm, tape second circle on to cover brad ends.
4. Tape Pattern paper over back cover.
5.Using the most beautiful/fun May Arts ribbons decorate paper for front cover.
6. Again using Power Bond adhere front cover to book.
7. Using a Tombow Hook and Loop tab, peel paper backing from one side and apply to outer most edge of arm. Remove paper backing from other side, wrap arm around book and adhere to front cover.
8. Get them kiddos talking and record fun memories, you’ll be sure to NEVER FORGET!
- May Arts Ribbon: FNN34- Blue Twill, 408-05-10 Natural Woven Burlap, 390-15-09 Lace, 361- 58- 10 Ivory crochet, FN17 5/8” Pink Twill, 412-27 Yellow Bakers twine, CC17- Sheer satin-band
- Tombow– Aqua, Power Bond, Hook and Look tabs, Stamp runner
- Echo Park– Don’t Ever Forget cardstock sticker
- My Minds Eye- Pattern Paper and Brads
- Authentique– Cardstock phrase stickers
- Tim Holtz- Vintage Photo distress ink
Blog post by: Virginia Fynes
Hop on over to the Tombow Blog for more inspiration!