A Strawberry Treat
Sometimes good things come in small packages, and a little treat can go a long way! These little strawberry boxes paired with May Arts ribbon make the perfect gift during the summertime season.
Here’s the supplies you will need for a three strawberry treat and tin:
- 1 sheet of 8.5×11 double sided paper
- Strawberry Template (I revised the one found here to print three on a page)
- 4 feet May Arts Burlap String in Ivory (SM09)
- 18 inches May Arts 5/8 in. Satin Pleated Ribbon in Sage (379-58-66)
- Green Alcohol or Pigment Ink
- Cardstock Sticker
- Tin or basket
- Natural Easter Grass
- 1/8 in. Hole Punch
- Print template onto patterned paper, trim and punch holes, ink edges. Fold and adhere tab to create strawberry shape.
- Thread with Burlap String, starting from the inside of one dome and weave through the remainder of the holes.
- Stain pleated ribbon with green ink, let dry. Cut 5 inches for each strawberry and fold each piece onto itself twice, adhere with a glue dot.
- Fill your strawberry with treats, pull the string taut and tie string over pleated ribbon to close the strawberry.
- Arrange the pleated ribbon over the strawberry tops.
- Nestle your strawberries in a tin filled with grass that has been wrapped with string. Adhere the remaining piece of ribbon behind cardstock sticker and attach to tin.
Blog post by: Karen Baker