I’ve got a cute and quick project that’s thrifty and fun! Aren’t these little snowmen the cutest things? Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
- Helmar Acid Free white glue
- May Arts Ribbon Scraps – RJ14, KB14, AKN14, EA09, 361-58-10, 346-01
- 1” Styrofoam balls – 2 per snowman
- Pencils, Black seed beads, Glitter, orange felt, small flat paintbrush
1. Make one of the 1 inch Styrofoam balls smaller by pressing and rolling with the palm of your hand on a flat surface.
2. Push the pencil eraser into the larger ball ¼ inch; remove, place a small amount of Helmar 450 Quick Dry in the hole then re-insert the pencil. Glue on the head.
3. Use the paintbrush to coat the Styrofoam balls with Helmar Acid Free; sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
4. Glue on orange felt nose with Helmar 450 Quick Dry; glue seed bead eyes on with Helmar Acid Free. Let dry. Tie on May Arts Ribbon scarves and if desired, attach earmuffs by cutting two balls from May Arts 346-01; glue on with Helmar 450 Quick Dry.
Pair one of these cute little snowmen with a cute notepad and you’ve got a thrifty teacher gift as well. I used DCWV Winter Wonder Stack and May Arts Twisted Rope (RJ14). I added some glitter to the snowflakes for extra sparkle.
Thanks for joining us on the May Arts blog. Now, go build a snowman!
Blog post by: Charlene Driggs