Welcome to Day 4 of May Arts / Little Yellow Bicycle Blog Week!
Flutterby Shoulder Bag Gift Wrap and Card
Welcome back to the May Arts/Little Yellow Bicycle Blog week! I don’t know about you, but I just love to get a beautifully wrapped gift. For me, it’s all about the presentation!
I have a gift wrap idea for you that any girly girl on your gift list is sure to love no matter how old she is. She might just love it so much she won’t care what’s on the inside. I used the leftover bits of paper for a fun card to match the gift box.
I designed my gift wrap to look like a shoulder bag complete with a May Arts ribbon carry strap and a fun flap. I’m not going to give you exact measurements as your box may be smaller or larger. For my example, I used a small flat rate mailing box from the post office as that fit my gift of doll clothes perfectly.
Here’s your supply list:
- Desired size box – small square or rectangle is preferable
- Freezer paper (great inexpensive gift wrap!)
- Bazzill Basics linen textured grey cardstock (card)
- Neenah Classic Solar white cardstock
- Stampin Up Melon Mambo cardstock (card)
- Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores cardstock
- May Arts Ribbon – 1.5 inch Grosgrain Stripe – BK27 (love this!)
- Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive
- Double sided foam tape
- Double sided adhesive
- Corner rounder (card)
- Sentiment stamp for card
1. Cover box with freezer paper. Secure the ends with double sided tape.
2. Cut Hawaiian Shores cardstock ¼” smaller than the front, back and all sides of your box. Adhere to the box with double sided adhesive.
3. Cut the LBY Flutterby Designer paper ¼” smaller than the solid cardstock for the front, back, bottom and end sides only. Adhere, using double sided adhesive.
4. To form the flap, cut the LYB designer paper to fit the top plus 2 ¼” inches. Crease and adhere to the box using double sided adhesive.
5. Attach LYB Cardstock scalloped sticker across the front of the flap. Add LYB Fabric Frame. Embellish with LYB cardstock stickers and Jewel stickers.
6. Measure May Arts BK27 Grosgrain Stripe Ribbon to wrap 3 sides of the box adding about 20 inches for the strap. Beginning at the middle bottom of the box, attach the ribbon using Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive.
Press firmly to make the sure the ribbon is secured.
My little model loved it!
I had just enough LYB Flutterby paper left to make a card to match my gift box.
My finished card size is 8” x 3 ½”.
1. Cut white base cardstock 8” x 7”. Score at 3 ½”.
2. Cut 4 pieces of LYB Flutterby designer paper 4” x 1 ¾”.
3. Using the corner rounder, round the corners of the top left and bottom right pieces of cardstock.
4. Adhere LYB paper to card base using double sided adhesive.
5. Cut center panel 4” x 2”. Round the top right and bottom left corners with corner rounder.
6. Cut grey panel 3 ¾” x 1 ¾”. Embellish with LYB stickers.
7. Tuck May Arts BY66 Leaves around the sticker flowers.
8. Adhere the panel to the card center using foam tape.
9. Stamp Bazzill textured grey cardstock with sentiment. Cut ends to form banner end. Adhere to card. Add LYB Jewel stickers.
There you have it! A beautiful custom gift box and card that rivals any fancy department store wrap and you did it with Little Yellow Bicycle and fabulous May Arts Ribbon!
Blog Post By: Charlene Driggs