Welcome to the May Arts blog! Prima Ribbonista- Virginia here to share how I gave my fall décor a chic twist. By using May Arts ribbon and the Bowdabra I took this staple in autumn décor from ordinary pumpkin to stylish display, quick and easy!
To make these beautiful bows I used the bow making tool and RG10 1.5” Grosgrain ribbon. I used the Fold and twist technique. You can find complete instructions on their website for this and many other methods.
Here is how easy it is:
- Make bow using Bowdabra
- Cut a length of ribbon to fit around the largest part of the pumpkin.
- Pin cut length around pumpkin using stickpins (about 5 per pumpkin)
- Attach bow (using pins) to cover seam of ribbon.
May Arts Ribbon Used:
- RG10 1.5” Grosgrain Stripe Ribbon
Other Supplies Used:
- Bowdabra Bow making tool and wire
- Stick Pins
Thanks for stopping by to take a look. Now go on and pretty up you pumpkins, you’ll be the envy of the neighborhood!
Blog post by: Virginia Fynes