The cold & snow of this winter season has all of us here at May Arts thinking one thing…spring! Spring has always been a perfect time for cleaning & freshening up your home. Which brings us to this week’s contest. Ribbon is the perfect embellishment to help make something old look new again, without the expense! We want to know how you have used ribbon in your home décor to renew your surroundings!
Details are listed below:
- To enter: Post a comment &/or send us a photo of your ‘renewed’ designs. If you choose to send in a photo, our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. They will promptly be posted on the blog. **It is not required that the ribbon be May Arts** We will also gladly include a link to your own site, if you like!
- Start date: Monday, January 25th, 2010.
- Deadline: Sunday February 7th, 2010.
- The prize: 1 Full Spool of May Arts Ribbon! Your choice!
- We will select one entry. The winner’s name will be posted on Monday February 8th, 2010.
- The winner will have 2 weeks to contact us & claim their prize.
- Domestic & International entries are all welcome.
These photo entries were sent in to us by Carol of Carol’s Heart Creations:
“After the holiday decorations are safely tucked away, I am always looking for ways to capture the magic that goes with them. I find adding little embellishments with ribbon helps give life to my weary winter home. Photos of a valance I created in my powder room using May Arts KC ribbon to cover the top of the blinds & also a soft bow & a paper rose with sheer ribbon tucked in a painted heart bird basket help bridge the gap between winter & spring. I also embellished inexpensive towels with a beautiful floral jacquard ribbon & coordinating fringe for a fresh look. My last photos are of a simple heart twig wreath that I added one of my papier mache heART creations to embellished with lace & double-face satin ribbon. A tea-stained heart doily & a crocheted heart by my mother-in-law adds a little nostalgia to my unique Valentine wreath.”