Let’s have a card party! Simply follow the recipes and you can have a lovely batch of cards in no time. Make cards for various occasions to have ready all summer long. The classic May Arts Sheer ribbon is perfect for any summer card.
- May Arts Sheer Ribbon: C -1”
- Scrap paper
- Start with color. I picked some bright, fun, summery colors -hot pink, lime, turquoise and orange.
- Choose papers. I sorted through scraps of paper for patterned paper and cardstock in my colors.
- Cut rectangles in the following dimensions: A= 11×4 1/4, B= 5×3 3/4, C=4 3/4×3 1/2, D=3 1/4×2 3/4, E= 3×2 1/2
- Score and fold in half, all rectangle A pieces. These will be used for the base of the cards. I prefer to use double-sided, cardstock-weight, patterned paper for the bases of my cards. The design on the inside of the card adds interest and surprise.
- Layer rectangles and add sentiments, tie or knot your May Arts ribbon…Voila!
Card #1 - Everyday Moments: Rectangles A, B, C, 2 D’s and E are used. Adhere B and C to rectangle A. Tear paper around a sticker sentiment – 3 layers of torn paper total. Add a button with a ribbon knot.
Card #2 - Happy Birthday: Rectangles A, B, C, D and E. Adhere layers and sew with zig zag stitch. Stamp Happy birthday on the note card. Tie orange bow. Use stickles to make dots around stamp.
Card #3 - You’re Great: Rectangles A, B, C and E. Sew B and C together with zig-zag stitch. Adhere to A. Tie knot with green ribbon, punch tag out of E add rub on, stick pin and flower with stickle center.
card #4 – Go With Your Heart: Rectangles A, B,C,D and E. Round corners on right side of card. Handwrite sentiment on note card. Make Flower loop bow and fold in half, attach with a button.
Card #5 - Happy Birthday / Ruffle: Rectangles: A, C, D and E. Sew around rectangle C and adhere to base. Layer D and E, sew ribbon on using a straight stitch, gathering ribbon as you go. Add sticker w/ torn paper.
Card #6 - Direction: Rectangles A and 2 E’s. Using a square punch, punch a hole in card. Behind square place E. Using a straight stitch, sew ribbon around punched square on front of card, gathering as you go. Add a button w/ ribbon and sentiment cut from note cards. Write out sentiment, cut and adhere to card.
Card #7 - Alyssa: Rectangles A, B, C, D and E are used. Layer rectangles, White ink the edges, use alphabet stickers, stickles and a rub on for sentiment. 2 layers of ribbon for the bow.
Card #8 - Bailie: Rectangles A, D, E are used. Layer rectangles, adhere chipboard stickers and rub-on for sentiment. Wrap ribbon around base of card, attach button with ribbon through the center.
Blog Posted By: Leah Farrar-White