Hello everyone. Nicole here. Today I have a fun project to share with you. Just a few weeks ago, my family and I decided to have a “staycation”. Instead of going to the beach, spending too much money, we decided to spend a week together, doing different things as a family. During that week, we went to Cascade Lake and Dutch Wonderland. My 2 ½ year old had a blast and so did I!I wanted to document all the fun we had so I decided to create a mini. I had so much fun using lots of Basically Bare products throughout my mini album! They seriously have amazing products.
Here is my album. I had so much fun using mist and paint. I felt like a kid again, as I was creating this.
I also have a tutorial for you. Did you notice the burlap star? I created that using a piece of chipboard star, a pen, glue, paint, and some burlap ribbon. While I was creating my mini album, I thought that I was going to need a few more stars so before I used my last chipboard, I grabbed some of my recycled chipboard and other supplies to use it as a template.
- Glue a piece of burlap onto a piece of chipboard and let it dry. (Scape a piece of cardstock across the burlap to even out the glue if needed).
- Once dried, turn the chipboard with the burlap over and use a chipboard star as a template.
- Use a pen to trace your star image onto the chipboard.
- Use a sharp pair of scissors to cut out the image.
- Try coating your burlap star using Glimmer Glaze Paint to harden it.
I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please come again.
- Album: Basically Bare
- Acrylic stars: Basically Bare
- Fabric clouds: Basically Bare
- Chipboard stars: Basically Bare
- Woven Check Ribbon, Frayed Flower: May Arts
- Baker’s Twine: May Arts
- Burlap: May Arts
- Patterned paper: G.C.D Studios
- Jewels: Zva Creative
- Mists: Tattered Angels (Purple, Blue), Clearsnap (orange)
- Paint: Tattered Angels
- Acrylic stamp: PSA Essentials (palm tree, crab)
- Stamp: Catslife Press (Summer Fun)
- Stamper: PSA Essentials
- Pen: Creative Memories
- Adhesives: Creative Memories, Glue Dots, KI Memories, Clearsnap
- Wire: Zutter
- Bind-it-All: Zutter
Blog post by: Nicole Martel